Thursday 15 September 2011

Wedding Photography that tells a story

A wedding album should read as a story. A fantastic story that rekindles the feelings of the day, the love, the emotions, the fun with friends and family, the location and its surrounding, and the good times . As a Wedding Photographer I feel its important to let my photographs tell the story of the day.

I photograph in a documentary style and shoot the moments I see as they happen. I believe if a photographer comes to a wedding with preconceived ideas they may very likely not eventuate or look unnatural. I also believe it shouldn't be up to the photographer to try and dictate what the day should look like. Staged / posed photograph are also often outdone by a strong documentary image in terms of story telling ability.

Furthermore this photography style also allows the most important people of the day, the wedding couple, to relax, be themselves, and just enjoy their day.

My wedding folio highlighting my documentary style has been updated on my new website. You can check it out right here.

http://www.martyschoo.com.au/weddingfolio.html


No comments:

Post a Comment